Felsomat USA, Inc. located in Schaumburg, Illinois is a steadily growing subsidiary of Felsomat GmbH, with headquarters in Germany and part of the Reishauer Group. We manufacture CNC turning machines, twin spindle hobbing machines as well as laser welding machines used in the manufacture of high volume precision gears. We also specialize in the automation of high production automation systems used in automotive engine Electrified powertrain and transmission plants.
We are a leading supplier to the Worlds’ premier automotive companies and parts suppliers, such as Ford, Chrysler, GM, ZF, Fiat, VW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, BMW, GKN and Getrag.
Our continued growth presents an immediate opening based at our Schaumburg Illinois facility for a Technical Buyer.
To purchase all materials needed to build, repair and retool all Felsomat USA Inc. equipment built and serviced in North America.
This specific position is focused on purchasing manufactured parts. A technical understanding and reading of drawings are a must.
Functions and responsibilities:
- This position strategically purchases materials and services needed to build automation in the Felsomat USA Inc. Ensuring on-time delivery to help facilitate the delivery date. Expediting orders when necessary. Adjusts and releases purchase requisitions created by different departments.
- Regularly checks prices and negotiates with vendors to ensure high-quality products are received at the best prices ensuring the material costs are within budget.
- This position cultivates alternate suppliers for cost, discounts and schedule-sensitive supplies.
- Works closely with the mechanical engineering department to ensure the purchasing of the correct parts from the Project BOM.
- The position works closely with Mechanical Engineer to process change orders related to project BOM. The technical buyer also maintains new parts in SAP.
- The technical buyer must maintain internal processes in SAP and link projects to MRP, process in-house production orders, maintain and update purchasing info records, work with AP and Logistics to resolve issues.
Formal Qualification: Technical background and the ability to read technical drawings
Job Experience (years): 5 years’ experience in purchasing for the manufacturing industry.
Job Experience (contents): Experience with purchasing manufactured parts for machines and or automation cells.
Thinking environment: Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
To purchase competitively from vendors and ensure that price, quality and delivery targets are met.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Materials purchased are within the project budget
- Materials purchased are on time
- Materials purchased are correct per the BOM
- Widen supplier basis
To apply send your resume to Human Resources at NFarfan@felsomat.com