Field Service Engineer – Machine Tools
Felsomat USA, Inc. located in Schaumburg, Illinois is a steadily growing subsidiary of Felsomat GmbH, with headquarters in Germany and part of the Reishauer Group. We manufacture CNC turning machines, twin spindle hobbing machines as well as laser welding machines used in the manufacture of high volume precision gears. We also specialize in the automation of high production automation systems used in automotive engine Electrified powertrain and transmission plants.
We are a leading supplier to the Worlds’ premier automotive companies and parts suppliers, such as Ford, Chrysler, GM, ZF, Fiat, VW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, BMW, GKN and Getrag.
Our continued growth presents an immediate opening for a Field Service Engineer – Machine Tools. This position can be based out of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, or the Carolinas.
Candidates must have:
- Minimum High School Diploma / 2 years of Mechatronics Training
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in installation, set up, qualification, and customer acceptance of high precision & high production CNC machine tools such as lathes, hobbing machines, gear grinding machines, etc.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in troubleshooting and correcting process issues such as holding critical dimensions, surface finish, cycle time, etc.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in training customer operators & maintenance personnel. A proven track record of electro-mechanical troubleshooting through a logical process of elimination
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal & written)
- Valid Passport and US Driver’s License
Candidates must also be willing to:
- Work flexible hours and occasional overtime on evenings, weekends, or holidays when necessary
- Travel up to 100% within North America (including Mexico and Canada) and occasionally to Germany
Additional consideration will be given to those candidates with the following experience or capabilities:
- Experience in the gear manufacturing industry
- Basic troubleshooting skills in electrical, PLC, or CNC systems
- Experience with Siemens Step7 or Siemens 840D Controls
- German language skills
Note: We will not contact candidates who do not meet the above minimum requirements.
To apply send your resume to Human Resources at HR@felsomat.com