PLC Controls Engineer
Felsomat USA, Inc. located in Schaumburg, Illinois is a steadily growing subsidiary of Felsomat GmbH, with headquarters in Germany and part of the Reishauer Group. We manufacture CNC turning machines, twin spindle hobbing machines as well as laser welding machines used in the manufacture of high volume precision gears. We also specialize in the automation of high production automation systems used in automotive engine Electrified powertrain and transmission plants.
We are a leading supplier to the Worlds’ premier automotive companies and parts suppliers, such as Ford, Chrysler, GM, ZF, Fiat, VW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, BMW, GKN and Getrag.
Our continued growth presents an immediate opening based at our Schaumburg Illinois facility for a Controls Engineer.
The Controls Engineer creates/edits programs for the CNC/PLC/HMI during the commissioning, installation, interface, and runoff of Felsomat industrial automation and machine tools in North America. Other responsibilities include working with customer specifications to create electrical designs of industrial machine controls and safety circuits. The Controls Engineer supports the software controls technicians, mechanical engineering and electrical departments.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Understands advanced software and machine control engineering principals
- CNC Programming (Siemens 840D preferable) G-Code / M-Code
- PLC Programming (Siemens S7 & Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 preferable) – Can create (LAD/STL/SCL) logic
- HMI (Human Machine Interface) programming (Siemens Win CC Flex (TIA Portal) / HMI Pro preferable)
- Design/debug electrical and software interfaces of machine tools and robot/automated loaders
- Electrical and software design of machine/automation safety circuits (E-stops, safety guarding, etc…)
- Commissioning and tuning of frequency & servo drives including servo/AC motors
- Can design and implement industrial communication and I/O networks (Profibus DP, Profinet, Ethernet IP or similar industrial communications networks)
- Capable of programming Siemens Safety Integrated logic (SPL) or other integrated safety control systems and thorough understanding of integrated safety principles
- The ability to work closely with other controls engineers/technicians toensure functional interfaces and installations
Candidates must also be willing to:
- Work occasionally flexible hours and overtime on evenings, weekends, or holidays when necessary
- Travel within Michigan and Ohio up to 100%. Very limited overnight travel if you are located within the greater Detroit area or Livonia, MI, or Cincinnati, OH.
Additional consideration will be given to those candidates with the following
experience or capabilities:
- Experience in the gear manufacturing industry
- Basic troubleshooting skills in electrical, PLC, or CNC systems
- Experience with Siemens Step7 or Siemens 840D controls
We offer a competitive compensation package together with a comprehensive range of employee benefits.
Note: We will not contact candidates who do not meet the above minimum requirements.
To apply send your resume to Human Resources at HR@felsomat.com