The integration of heat treatment into the chip cutting process was a goal not achieved so far by the manufacturer of gears. With the introduction of the Felsomat FlexLine it could be achieved for the first time. In cooperation with the specialist ALD Vacuum Technologies the module SynchroTherm was developed.
The case hardening is done synchronous to the tact of the gear hobbing and achieves the ideal condition of the continuous flow production the One-Piece-Flow. The processing time of the work pieces in the SynchroTherm heat treat system is shortened to meet the line tact without interruption. Instead of the usual high volume batches of an conventional process, the work pieces are placed in single layers on the heat treatment racks. The furnace is charged continuously in multiple parallel working chambers. The result is fast and consistent heat treatment in all process steps, which guarantees a repeatable result at the lowest distortion possible.
Inside the FlexLIne the decoupling for this module is done with a stacker cell for the heat treatment racks before and after the furnace and thus completely integrated into the line concept. The module case hardening with SynchroTherm is meeting every demand of lean production:
- Simple work flow and clear processess with a more simple logistics
- Fast hardening in the tact of green and hard machining
- Compact floor space saving heat treatment module
- Avoidance of wast and over capacity
- Less hard machining through low distortion of the work piece
- Perfection of the continuous flow production, One-Piece-Flow